Saturn is the sixth planet from the Sun and is named after the Roman god of wealth. Saturn is the second largest planet in the solar system and is best known for its fabulous rings. The rings were not known to exist until Galileo first observed them in 1610.
- Circumference at Equator: 365,882.4 km
- Mass: 568,319,000,000,000,000 billion kg (95.16 x Earth)
- Average Distance from Sun: 1,426,666,422 km (9.58 AU)
- Known Satellites: 62
- Notable Satellites: Titan, Rhea and Enceladus
- Length of Orbit: 10,755.70 Earth days (29.45 Earth years)